Monday, April 29, 2013


Dearest family and friends,
I have been somewhat silent here in the last month or so as far as sending a letter to everyone in general goes.
So in the case that we are unable to return later today and write more, I wanted to give a brief update.
Today we moved houses. With a new policy that each companionship is to live in their own area, we moved up into the neighborhoods where we work. And so it as been crazy this morning working out the details. I have learned a whole lot in dealing with people and figuring out rent contracts and searching for someone with property to sign as a witness and backup. Not sure the technical term for that in English.
Anyways, so after almost 9 months in our little house we are now in a small, cozy, apartment farther up in the neighborhoods. Still have not moved areas and will be seeing the same people, but this little change will be nice. And hopefully we can save a little money in buses and walk more.
About 3 weeks ago I received my new leadership position. I am now serving with my companion, Elder V, as a Zone leader. It as been a little crazy these weeks as we have both adjusted to the new responsibilities (and the many phone calls). All is well and we are learning a lot from each other. Elder V has a good amount of time in the mission and will be leaving to go home in August. So we have a lot to accomplish in this time we have together.
Personally I am doing very well. The last few weeks we have been running each morning. There is a small playground that I was running around each morning. It is tiny and takes about 45-55 seconds to make the loop, but I was glad to be running again. I will not be able to run in the area we are moving to now, so looks like I´ll be going back to the trusty pushups and situps.
We have a lot of things to get done, particularly today with the move. But I love you all and hope you are doing well.
Elder Brighton 

No comments:

Post a Comment